Netherlands Fellowship Programme
The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) are demand driven oriented fellowship programmes designed to foster institutional development. The NFP is initiated and fully funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the budget for development cooperation. This ministry has contracted the Netherlands organisation for international cooperation in Higher Education (Nuffic) to administer the NFP.
The overall aim of the NFP is to help alleviate qualitative and quantitative shortages of skilled manpower and to do so within the framework of sustainable capacity-building directed towards reducing poverty in developing countries.
More specifically, the NFP is focused on the meeting the need for further training and capacity building in developing countries. To maximise the fellowships’ impact on capacity building, NFP funded training must be linked to the institutional development of organisations. A wide range of organisations are eligible – governmental, private and non-governmental. They can include educational institutions, planning agencies, ministries, community-based organisations, and private enterprises, for example.
More information on scholarships
For more information on the following, you can log on to www.nuffic.nl:
- List of universities/institutions and their contact addresses
- Target group
- NFP sub programmes i.e. short courses, Master’s degree programmes, PhD studies, Tailor made training and refresher courses
- Application and selection procedure
- Deadlines for applications among other information.
The enquiries desk is open Monday to Friday from 8.30 – 11.30 Hrs at the Embassy.
For general information about studying in the Netherlands for self funded students log on to www.studyin.nl
Netherlands Fellowship Programme applications requirements checklist:
- Copies of Degree or diploma certificates
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- One recent colored passport-size photograph.
- A letter of motivation from you, stating clearly how the course will help you in your future work.
- A letter of motivation from your employer on original letterhead, nominating you for the course, and stating clearly that he will retain your job and pay your salaries for the duration of the course. (Photocopies not acceptable.)
- An original letter from the host institution in the Netherlands stating that you have been admitted to the course
- Fellowship application forms are available on the Nuffic website
- Incomplete and late applications will not be taken into consideration
- Present your application in duplicate